Chief Risk & Compliance Officer – AML/Compliance & Risk knowledge with Staff Management experience Required
£ 140000 - £ 160000 | Canary Wharf, London
Our Client, an International Financial Services Group, is looking to recruit a Chief Risk & Compliance Officer (SMF4) to play a pivotal part in formulation business policy and strategy to steer the future direction of the business along with working closely with fellow Executive Committee members and the Board in a collaborative manner to build a high-achieving, well controlled bank which can achieve growth targets safely. Managing the Audit, Compliance & Financial Crime and Risk teams and reporting to the CEO, responsibilities include:
· Leading a comprehensive, independent risk management framework, which will deliver a robust and effect risk oversight for the bank.
· Report to the Board and Audit & Risk Committee on the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management process, identifying areas of mitigating and remedial action, including driving implementation as applicable
· Leading the firms Risk and Compliance function to provide effective oversight to the business; ensuring the firm can adequately identify, measure and report on key controls
· Identifying risk and controls encompassing all areas of the firms business, evaluating the adequacy of designed controls ensuring they are correct and consistent, including ICAAP and the Pillar 3 reporting
· Develop and implement procedures for the identification, classification, assessment and mitigation of key risks
· Managing the relationships with key stakeholders including external regulators, and ensuring the firm meets regulatory risk requirements
· Ensuring that the firms policies and procedures are being followed and that the behaviour in the firm meets the Business Code of Conduct and Systems and Controls obligations
The successful candidate will be of graduate calibre with previous experience of leading teams and considerable knowledge and experience of best practice risk management, governance frameworks & methodologies in relation to UK financial services. This role requires someone who is very hands on with an in depth knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements, AML/Financial Crime and risk management principles. In addition you must be able to pass the F & P test to hold SMF4.
For further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to call Darren Ruskin on 020 7330 6961 or send your details to him at firstname.lastname@example.org