Exclusive: Legal & Compliance Officer – Law Graduate with similar experience (from a commercial or manufacturing business) required
£ 45000 - £ 60000 | Dartford, Kent
We have been exclusively mandated by our client, a leading multinational manufacturing business, to source their first dedicated Legal & Compliance Officer. You will report directly to the Group Managing Director and be responsible for all compliance and legal matters including the following;
- Developing and implementing an effective legal & compliance program, implementing and overseeing ways of working to control business, regulatory, legal and operational risks
- Act as the Group Data Protection Officer, including aiding local resources in subsidiary companies with their DP requirements.
- Proactively reviewing and drafting documentation including Business Sale and Purchase, Patents, Trademarks, Property, Product Failure, set up of international businesses, Company Secretarial issues across the group, Banking Agreements, Commercial contracts, Shareholder Agreements, Overseas Agreements, Insurance Policies and Claims
- Support policies, processes, practices and procedures, and facilitates the management system (currently 9001 and 27001).
- Providing input to all information activities and practices on a company wide scale including their Global Subsidiaries. (this may involve international travel – Europe wide, USA, Canada, South Africa)
- Monitor compliance across all areas eg. Modern-Day Slavery Act, Data Protection, Health and Safety and similar
- Assist with the periodic reviews of controls and policies around all aspects of corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Liaise with overseas lawyers where required.
The successful candidate will be educated to a minimum LLB Degree level (or equivalent) and must have gained at least 3 years experience in a Legal & Compliance role with a multi-national manufacturing or commercial business, including previous experience of documentation drafting and review and working knowledge of GDPR & ISO standards.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone to step up to a managerial role with a growing and exciting multi-national business, where you will be instrumental in assisting and influencing the executive management team.
For a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to call David Symes FCA on 020 7330 6966 or send your details to him at David@compliancerecruitment.com