ETHICS AND COMPLIANCE COUNSEL (12 MONTH FTC) – QUALIFIED LAWYER WITH COMPLIANCE &/OR ETHICS EXPERIENCE (ANY SECTOR)
£75K- £80K + Bens + 10% Bonus | City
Our Client, a leading research & technology group is recruiting for a 12-month FTC in their Ethics and Compliance Department within Group Legal. You will be responsible for supporting the Assistant General Counsel in providing legal advice and assurance to the business in relation to various legal compliance and reputational risk management matters, with a particular focus on anti-bribery and corruption, competition, financial crime, modern slavery and conflicts of interest. Key Responsibilities include;
• Support the development, implementation and enforcement of the Group’s Ethics & Compliance programme from a U.K. and RoW perspective (excluding the U.S. and China).
• Provide high quality, practical and commercial advice/guidance regarding legal compliance risk areas and reputational risk management issues to a range of stakeholders within the global organisation (including regional management teams).
• Assist with development and implementation of policies, procedures and other internal guidance to ensure they reflect any updates to relevant local laws and are in alignment with the overall goals of the Ethics & Compliance programme.
• Obtain appropriate advice from external counsel where necessary including if foreign legal advice or deep subject matter expertise is required.
• Review activities and transactions to ensure that business is being conducted in an ethical and compliant manner and that policies and procedures are followed to reduce the risks of non-compliance with laws, regulations and reputational risk.
• Help to ensure consistency of approach to legal compliance issues across Sectors.
• Support internal investigations into allegations of non-compliance with the Ethics & Compliance programme.
• Help to provide oversight and assurance of the Groups Ethics & Compliance programme, which includes periodic visits to sites globally (typically involving travel 10 % of time).
You should be a qualified lawyer in England & Wales, with experience advising in relation to legal compliance risk areas, ideally including knowledge of resolving ethical issues in a business context and/or Anti Bribery & Corruption. Start date asap (or by early March latest).
For a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to call Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 or send your details to email@example.com
Symes Collins – Part of the Compliance Recruitment Solutions Group
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.