Head of Internal Audit – Financial Services Experience Required
£ Excellent + Bonus & Benefits | West Midlands
Our Client, a leading Financial Services Business, is looking for a Senior Internal Audit Professional to provide leadership to the team on all audit activity, ensuring oversight of the end to end process. Duties will include:
• Initiating and leading the delivery of audits, based on the critical assessment of the business, and the governance, risk and internal control frameworks.
• Understand and keep abreast of the changes in the business and regulatory environment impacts on the governance framework.
• Critically analyse and assess the impact of audit findings and recommendations on the current business model and the future operating environment.
• Maintain dialogue and communications with senior management on the major plans, projects and structural changes that will impact their business.
• Engage with and provide strategic advice to internal stakeholders by utilising knowledge of the business and the governance, risk and regulatory frameworks.
• Manage the interface between internal and external stakeholders to ensure a common approach to and understanding of key deliverables.
• Establish and maintain good relationships with external auditors and regulators to ensure a coordinated and integrated approach to the management of regulatory and reporting requirements.
• Develop, maintain, align and deploy audit department resources in accordance with the current and future needs of the business.
• Play an integral role in annual as well as ongoing audit planning.
The successful candidate must have significant relevant senior financial services internal audit experience and whilst any professional accountancy or audit qualifications may be advantageous, more important will be impeccable communication skills and world class analytical & influencing skills.
This is a very exciting time in our client’s development as they are looking to continue to grow what is already a successful and well respected business, thus our client is looking for a Head of Audit who can also be a thought leader and strategic planner and so contribute to their growth. If you feel you have the seniority, skill and experience to be effective in this highly influential and important role, then please contact Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 for a confidential discussion about this position or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Symes Collins – Part of the Compliance Recruitment Solutions Group