MLRO with Compliance Duties – Banking AML (& Compliance Monitoring) Experience Required
£80K - £90K + Benefits | West End
Our client, a passported branch of a niche European Private Bank, are looking to recruit an MLRO to also assist with some local Compliance duties, although the main Compliance team is based in the European Head Office. Taking on the controlled function with the FCA, duties will include:
• Keep abreast of developments in the relevant AML legislation, assessing the impact on the London Branch, advise Senior Management accordingly, and update the Bank’s AML/CFT/KYC policy in line with changes in local legislation and Group requirements.
• Monitor implementation of the Bank’s AML/CFT/KYC policies and detailed procedures.
• Report “suspicious” transactions to the local FIU in accordance with local regulatory requirements and provide information to the local FIU as and when requested.
• Transaction monitoring/assessment of account activity. Review of higher risk clients including PEPs, dormant accounts, clients under surveillance, incomplete accounts.
• Supervising the on-boarding of clients to ensure completeness of the account opening documentation.
• Performing Client Risk assessment.
• Administration and investigation of alerts via the online watch list filtering tool.
• Compliance Controls: organise, coordinate and perform adequate controls in order to identify, evaluate and monitor compliance risks, make recommendations on the actions required to mitigate current and potential compliance risk and monitor the implementation of the measures taken.
• Develop and implement monitoring mechanisms to check adherence to the Bank’s Internal Code of Conduct and report to the COO.
• Participate in operational matters (consultancy role for IT related projects, IT security measures, security procedures, back-office issues).
You should have previous experience in AML in Banking and some Compliance experience too including monitoring. Great opportunity to take on a mixed varied role and develop both areas on your cv.
For further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to call David Crook on 020 7330 6963 or send your details to him at firstname.lastname@example.org