Head of Anti Bribery & Corruption
£ 120000 - £ 140000 | City
Our Client, a leading FTSE 250 Group, is seeking a Head of Anti-Bribery & Corruption to further develop and lead the Group’s Programme to address the risks of bribery and corruption globally and serve as the subject matter expert for Anti-Bribery & Corruption. In this stand alone role, responsibilities will include
• Assess existing ABC and related policies and procedures for efficacy, compliance with legislation, good practice, and in relation to Group’s risk appetite.
• Develop the Group's framework to mitigate anti-bribery & corruption risk, including the updating of policies, articulation of required controls by the Group businesses, procedures, guidance on topics (including but not limited to Third Party Intermediaries, gifts and hospitality, charitable donations,) and the identification, assessment and monitoring of anti-bribery and corruption risk.
• Be a point of escalation from an anti-bribery and corruption risk point of view in respect of due diligence carried out on third parties. Make judgments about whether any such risk may be acceptable in line with the Group risk appetite.
• Provide legal advice, and practical (including addressing reputational risk management) advice to the Sector Heads of Ethics & Compliance, legal teams, senior management, business and functions as applicable in relation to Anti-Bribery & Corruption and other ethics and compliance risk areas (including but not limited to trade compliance and sanctions, anti-money laundering and competition law).
• Monitor external developments in relation to significant Anti-Bribery and Corruption legislation, enforcement, and best practice, and update policies as appropriate.
• Review and update as required the training programme to promote both ABC awareness and understanding of the risks to the Group as appropriate, using a combination of the material available through the on-line training provider and face to face training to a range of stakeholders (including on a train the trainer basis) with different learning needs. Deliver training on an on-going basis as required.
• Contribute to the development of and implementation of other aspects of Group ethics and compliance programme as required.
• Act as a subject matter expert in relation to Anti-Bribery & Corruption investigations, and in that capacity support or lead such investigations
You should have considerable experience of developing and implementing a global anti-bribery and corruption programme in an international environment with an in-depth understanding of anti-bribery and corruption risk and mitigation. NB this experience may have been gained either in a similar in-house role or else a leading consultancy or law firm.
For further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to contact Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org