TEMP TO PERM (PART TIME) HEAD OF COMPLIANCE FUNERAL PLANNING SECTOR– SENIOR COMPLIANCE EXPERIENCE
(FP OR RETAIL INSURANCE SECTOR) REQUIRED
£600- £700 per day
Our client a Funeral Planning business is looking to appoint a Head of Compliance to support the CEO
and board in further developing the compliance function, frameworks and programme. As part of
the senior management team and reporting directly to the CFO, duties will include:
- Responsible and accountable for the Group Compliance and Risk function ensuring that the business and Directors adhere to all relevant regulations that impact the business.
- Successfully embedding Compliance frameworks across the Group, and managing thecompliance activities within the agreed frameworks.
- Responsibility for overseeing the firm's compliance with the FCA AML rules on systemsand controls.
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining all relevant policies, procedures and processes.
- Identify, assess, monitor, and report on compliance risk exposures, and potential impact on strategy of new products, and advise on ways to mitigate such risk
- Monitoring UK regulatory developments affecting the firm's business and working with other resources to ensure timely implementation
- Updating the firm's compliance monitoring program as and when necessary and maintaining the compliance and risk manuals
- Preparing reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
NB You must be eligible to hold the SMF 16 & 17, although no need to have held before so may suit someone looking for their first SMF role.
The successful candidate must have held a Senior Compliance Role (and be eligible to hold SMF 16)
gained in an insurance business under ICOBS (unless already have FPCOBS knowledge) as well as an
ability to cultivate a positive compliance culture, foster executive level relationships and influence &
direct your colleagues at all levels.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established firm in a role that will be visible and
influential across the business.
This role is offered as fully remote UK based and initially as a part time contract 2/3 days per week
for a minimum of 3 months with the potential to become a permanent part time position if desired,
though client's immediate priority is filling the contract. You must also be available to start by the end of January 2024.
If this sounds an interesting opportunity and would like to know more, please send your CV to Gary
Collins - email@example.com (including a contact number & email) however please note we
cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no
circumstance are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally
entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above
information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.
Symes Collins is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through applying, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.