HEAD OF COMPLIANCE - AML (INC FRAUD & KYC) AND STAFF MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
ZAR 100K-120K Per Month + Bonus + Good Bens | Working From Home (South Africa)
Our client, a rapidly expanding Fintech in the money transfer sector, seeks an experienced Head of AML & Compliance to develop the compliance framework using a risk-based approach and lead and mentor a team in order to ensure that the framework is implemented and that the day-to-day operations are running smoothly and follow all relevant internal rules. Responsibilities include;
- Own the management and improvement of the compliance systems and ensure that workflows are efficient and automated.
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses.
- Implement improvements, taking into account downstream impact especially on the customer experience and network of independent field agents
- Assist & advise the Executive Management in monitoring and mitigating compliance risks in line with the risk tolerance of the company.
- Lead the overall due diligence processes, enhancing it when relevant, for customers, agents & payment partners.
- Support the expansion of new products and new territories by engaging with relevant regulators, understanding new regimes and ensuring firm takes into account regulatory considerations in their strategic decision making
You should have at least 8 years of experience in AML or broader Compliance, be familiar with industry practices & professional standards and have managed a team before. You should also have an experience & knowledge of all aspects of AML, Fraud & KYC and be comfortable in a young dynamic team environment. NB The job is permanent working from home apart from probable monthly Senior Management meetings
So, if you are currently based in South Africa (or have the experience above gained e.g., in the UK but with South African citizenship and looking to go home) then please your details to Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 or send your details to however please note due to Covid we cannot reply to all applications so only successful candidates will be contacted (although under no circumstance are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.