REGIONAL RISK MANAGER - UAE COMPLIANCE OR RISK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
CHF 140K (£110K) + Bonus & Bens (inc Relocation) | Zurich
Our client, a leading Swiss Financial Services group, seeks a Regional Risk Manager to advise on risk related matters, review the quality of the key controls and enhance the Risk Management and Control Framework. In this interesting and varied role, duties will include;
- Monitor risk and manage incidents & projects
- Perform 1LoD controls
- Ensure that audit issues are timely and sustainably resolved
- Prepare the Regional Risk Reporting
- Participate and lead the Regional risk sessions with regard to risk management topics
- Support Management in risk topics related to the whole client life cycle including complex account openings cases (providing enhanced due diligence for risk clients/prospects before starting the on boarding process), complex client periodic reviews (providing support, remediation of escalated cases) and exception to policy requests
- Support in the market assessment of strategy and business cases to ensure risk management is an integral part from the beginning.
- Participate and support projects carried out within the Region (provide risk related advice and conduct reviews)
- Acts as regional point of entry and coordinate & mediate between Management and 2LoD
- Provide risk input to business initiatives/cases or performs client risk assessments for the market
- Support on thematic and business specific risk reviews
- Support the setup, operation and maintenance of a consistent and effective Risk Management framework
- Supports/monitors clean-up activities and follow-up on 2LoD or risk inputs
You should have solid experience in Compliance or Risk Management and knowledge of Middle Eastern markets (particularly the UAE) and the different Risk factors & Regulatory expectations that apply to that region. This may have been gained from working in a Compliance or Risk role there (probably based in the UAE) or else from a similar Europe based role overseeing the region but either way must have included controls monitoring and development of risk frameworks (or similar). EU, Swiss or UK Citizens only with fluent English please.
NB For all positions based in Switzerland, Compliance Recruitment Solutions work with their Swiss licensed partner AME Switzerland GmbH and all candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
So, if that sounds like you, then please send your details to our MD, David Symes FCA, at (including a contact no) however please note due to COVID-19 we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstance are your details ever passed on without your specific permission.