In-House Lawyer - German Qualified Lawyer with Financial Services Knowledge Required
€130K - €175K + bonus & benefits (including relocation if required) | Kaiserslautern/Frankfurt
Our Client, a leading US Financial Services Group, is looking for an In-house Lawyer for their European business based near Frankfurt. Reporting to the German CEO, with primary responsibility for legal advice and support across the business, duties will include:
- Responsible for the submission of legal assessments, advice and recommendations for action across the business
- Responsible for handling particular legal cases
- Collaboration with the compliance team regarding various supervisory and other legal or internal company processes
- Supervision and support of trials in court (although no representation in court required)
- Independent analysis of relevant legal matters concerning the business
- Formulation of internal legal policies as well as review, drafting and approval of regulatory policies.
- Supervision of and point of contact for external law firms
- Point of contact for the American parent company in all legal matters across the business
- Autonomous drafting of agreements and overseeing contract negotiations with various partners of the business.
- Working alongside the HR department advising on Employment Law matters.
The successful candidate must have first and second legal state examination (“Staatsexamen”) with at least 8 years post qualification experience as a lawyer in the field of capital markets, fund management and/or financial supervision. You must be fluent in written and spoken German & English and should also have some knowledge of employment law (or be prepared to pick up when required).
NB Salary dependent on length and relevance of experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and talented senior Lawyer to join the German Arm of a multi-billion dollar US Financial Services Group in a position that will be challenging but also allow you the autonomy to develop the Legal Function in your style and ensure that a strong Legal framework exists and is maintained throughout the business.
NB This job is based in the main German office near Kaiserslautern, but if more convenient for 2 days per week can be based in the Frankfurt office instead.
So if you are keen to be part of something exciting and believe you have the breadth of legal experience and self-drive to take ownership of this role then please contact Gary Collins on ++ 44 (0) 20 7562 7400 for a confidential discussion about this position or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
£200K plus bonus & benefits|South West London