COMPLIANCE MANAGER CONSUMER LENDING - FAIR LENDING AND UDAAP COMPLIANCE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
$140,000-$170,000 + benefits | DC/West Virginia/North or South Carolina
We are recruiting for a specialist Bank looking for a Compliance Manager, Fair and Responsible Banking (FRB). to manage the bank's Corporate FRB Compliance Program and UDAAP initiatives. In this responsible and varied role, duties include;
- Maintains current expert knowledge and understanding of all federal and state consumer protection laws, regulations and policies that apply to the bank's business operations, with particular emphasis on the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Fair Housing Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and UDAAP
- Designs, maintains, makes recommendations for improving, and executes corporate FRB and UDAAP programs
- Acts as primary user and subject matter expert of various fair lending and redlining analysis tools/software
- Manages lending and fairness related data sources from applicable lines of business, as well as the process to ensure data is tracked and imported appropriately
- Execute analysis of loan portfolios for potential fair lending risks
- Prepares and distributes reports of findings, including recommendations to mitigate fair lending risks, for review by executive management and the Board’s Risk Committee.
- Executes and manages approved recommendations.
- Manages the development of Bank’s annual Fair lending plan and monitors execution
- Coordinates with applicable Department Head or implementation group to communicate, implement and manage Fair Lending and UDAAP related regulatory changes
- Researches and responds to regulatory inquiries related to potential UDAAP or Fair Lending impact
- Completes periodic fair lending and UDAAP compliance risk assessments, presents results to the Boards Risk Committee, and oversees lines of business’ in implementing any corrective actions.
- Reviews complaints and complaint data to assess and resolve potential fair lending or UDAAP related concerns
- Guides business areas in the development of new product, policy and procedure to ensure compliance with regulatory changes specific to fair lending and UDAAP
- Chairs the FRB Sub-Committee
- Manages FRB notifications and analysis for branch opening and closure compliance process
- Performs other duties as assigned
You should have at least six years previous compliance/regulatory banking experience of which at least three must include experience of Fair Lending and UDAAP compliance. You must also have some knowledge of Regulation B, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and the Fair Housing Act
Bachelor’s degree advantageous but more important is the ability to comprehend, interpret and communicate banking laws and regulations as well as to communicate verbally and in writing in an effective, concise, and inclusive manner.
So, if that sounds like you, then please send your details to our MD, David Symes FCA, at (including a contact no) however please note due to COVID-19 we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstances are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).