USA Head of Compliance (CCO) – Healthcare Compliance Experience Required
US$150K - $200K plus equity participation & Benefits | Austin, Texas
Our Client, an exciting UK Head Quartered Tech firm, is looking for an experienced Compliance Professional who will be responsible for the oversight and management of the US compliance function. Reporting to the US Board and Group Head of Risk & Compliance (London) you will be responsible for pro-active and quality compliance leadership to the US Business and Compliance team. Duties will include:
• As the US Compliance leader, you are accountable for the establishing of standards, policies and procedures to ensure that US Compliance and Data Protection programs are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with applicable US laws and regulations;
• Provide assurance to senior management, the Board and Regulators that there are effective and efficient policies, procedures and reporting are in place adhered to by all US employees and that the company is complying with all US regulatory requirements;
• Serve in a leadership capacity for privacy compliance related to HIPAA, FTC, FDA medical device regulations, CalOPPA, and other federal, state, and local laws;
• Ensure HIPPA compliance for US legal entities i.e. Policy, Program and the appropriate privacy documentation are embedded and fit for purpose.
• Implementation and delivery of timely HIPPA reporting.
• Ensure relevant US regulatory compliance, data protection and privacy laws are applied to Group’s in-market and pre-market products and business activities.
• Evaluate business and product developments, company objectives and the regulatory landscape to identify and evolve all programs;
• Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to foster compliance and information privacy awareness within the organization and related entities.
• Works with organization administration, legal counsel, and other related parties to represent the organization's information privacy interests with external parties (state or local government bodies) who undertake to adopt or amend privacy legislation, regulation, or standard.
• Drive and oversee the implementation of the annual compliance, data protection, privacy planning, training and strategy for the US corporate-wide programs;
• As a principal member of the Risk Committee, you will ensure key US compliance, data privacy and relevant issues are communicated for awareness, action or escalation;
• Accountable for key business deliverables and ensuring operational policies and procedures are appropriately maintained and properly executed;
The successful candidate will have 10 + years of legal, regulatory, compliance experience ideally as a Head of Compliance, CCO or Senior Compliance Manager from the healthcare sector.
While an in-depth knowledge of corporate privacy with hands-on data protection experience is required, as important will be a robust and comprehensive understanding of the relevant requirements in respect to HIPPA, FDA, FTC and the DoJ.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the World’s most exciting and well backed start-ups set-up with a vision to make a tangible difference in accessing 1st class health care on a global basis. If you feel you have the breadth of regulatory experience required as well as the experience of dealing at board level and influencing senior executives and want your job to make a difference and positively improve the lives and wellbeing of people globally – then:
For further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to Gary Collins on ++ 44 20 7562 7400 or send your details to email@example.com
We are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.