HEAD OF RISK & COMPLIANCE – SPANISH BANKING OR PAYMENT SERVICES RISK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
€80K-€100K + Bonus & Benefits | MADRID
Our client, an international payment services company, are seeking a Head of Risk & Compliance for their newly authorised Spanish branch. Working with the separate MLRO, duties will include;
- Monitor and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures and procedures put in place and designed to detect any risk of failure by the Company to comply with legislative requirements as well as the associated risks.
- Ensure that adequate measures and procedures are in place for minimizing such risks.
- Perform risk assessments to understand risk level, significance and scope.
- Investigate irregularities and non- compliance procedures, regulations and the impact of non- compliance.
- Ensure that the interests of the payment service users are protected, with emphasis to be placed in the safeguarding of their funds and the transparency of the information provided to them in relation to the execution of payment transactions.
- Submit annual reports to the Board of Directors over the activities of the Compliance Function, with particular consideration on the appropriate remedial measures that have been taken in the event of any deficiencies.
- Report to the management body, on at least annual basis, on the implementation and effectiveness of the overall control environment for investment services and activities, on the risks that have been identified and, on the complaints - handling reporting as well as remedies undertaken or to be undertaken.
- Monitor industry compliance laws to ensure internal policies are in place and in compliance with current legislation.
- High level risk responsibilities include;
- Strategic Risk
- Reputational Risk
- Operational Risk
- Competition and Market Risk
- Day to day risk duties include;
- Foreign Exchange Risk
- Credit Risk
- Liquidity Risk
- Settlement Risk
- Counterparty Risk
You should have previous senior Risk experience in Banking or Payments Services in Spain (with knowledge of relevant Bank of Spain regulations and the Compliance duties as above) as well as a very good command of English & fluent Spanish. Great opportunity to set up and run your own department.
Please send your CV in ENGLISH to email@example.com (including a contact no) however please note we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstance are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).