Compliance Officer – General Insurance Experience Required
£65K to £80K plus bonus and benefits | City
Our client, a leading provider of bespoke insurance solutions, is looking for a Compliance Officer to head up their Compliance team. Reporting to the Board and managing one assistant, duties are as follows:
• Regularly report to the Board of Directors on all matters conduct related providing appropriate commentary on performance against target and risk identified
• Ensure that the business compliance strategy achieves adherence to financial regulatory requirements including conduct risk, governance, financial crime and Anti-Money Laundering, etc.
• Respond to ad hoc queries working with business managers to assist in delivering regulatory compliance, and monitoring of the same
• Analyse business practices and review against any new directives ensuring that all regulatory related literature, procedural and systems manuals and policies are reviewed regularly and are up to date
• Continually monitor the adequacy of internal processes, procedures, systems and record keeping ensuring compliance with regulation and legislation.
• Maintain an audit framework which is suitable for the Business and undertake audits and reviews in accordance with the audit programme, individual underwriter reviews in accordance with agreed objectives as necessary, and make recommendations for improvement ensuring that suitable solutions are implemented to address gaps or weaknesses identified
• Facilitate annual Lloyd’s attestations and annual syndicate audits.
• Support product development and provide compliance sign off on all marketing promotional advertising, product and sales literature, customer communications, policy documentation (including individual policy authorisation), websites & other media
• Ownership of the Complaints Process and responsible for the handling and oversight of all complaints (including under the delegated complaints handling agreement with Insurers)
You must have at least six years Compliance experience gained from within General Insurance with excellent organisational, analytical and research skills.
For a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to call David Crook on 0207 330 6963 or send your details to him at Dcrook@compliancerecruitment.com
£200K plus bonus & benefits|South West London