Data Privacy Officer – Data Privacy/GDPR (any sector) Required
£ 100000 - £ 120000 | Kensington/Knightsbridge
Our Client, an exciting tech firm, is looking for an experienced Data Protection Officer (DPO) who will have primary responsibility for advising and challenging the business in respect of its obligations under data protection legislation and contributing to the maturity of privacy within the business by ensuring the business understands its obligations, risks and associated accountability. Reporting to the Director of Compliance & Risk, duties will include:
· Responsibility for driving data privacy compliance across the business, setting and driving the data privacy strategy, implementing best practices and ensuring that a “privacy by design” approach is embedded within the organisation.
· Accountability for data privacy activities, providing expert guidance on data protection laws, carrying out DPIA’s where required and working closely with the operational areas in order to deliver the best possible outcome from a privacy perspective.
· Providing strong leadership and line management to the Data Protection team, sharing knowledge, coaching and mentoring to the team.
· Acting as the “go to person” for employees, customers and appropriate supervisory authorities on data protection matters.
· Supporting the Legal team on data protection and privacy related contractual issues and liaising with internal/ external privacy counsel as appropriate.
· Supporting internal privacy and compliance audits, as well as the Data Protection team in investigating information incidents involving personal data.
· Implementing data protection policy and processes, internally and in relation to third party processors.
· Ensuring consistency of approach at global level in respect of data protection strategies.
· coordinating Group approach to data subjects' rights (e.g.: subject access requests; data erasure or rectification requests).
· Contributing to horizon-scanning activities to ensure readiness for upcoming changes in laws and regulations, research and analysis on developments in privacy law.
· Reporting to relevant Executive Committees.
The successful candidate will be of graduate calibre and must have gained significant Data Privacy experience (from any sector) and possess expert knowledge of national, European and Global data protection laws and practices including but not limited to an in-depth understanding of GDPR.While this role undoubtedly requires above average communication and influencing skills, as important will be familiarity with technology and willingness to embracing automation and digital solutions to data-related tasks and issues.<span style="font-family:; font-size: 10.5pt;" new="" "times="" roman";mso-fareast-language:en-gb"="">
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UKs most exciting and well backed start-ups which was set-up to make a tangible difference. Working in modern offices the staff all enjoy added benefits of free breakfast, yoga, healthy snacks, social gatherings/events as well as break out rooms with table tennis and videogame competitions.
For further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to call David Crook on 020 7330 6963 or send your details to him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the