EXCLUSIVE: HEAD OF COMPLIANCE – ACCOUNTANCY OR LEGAL PRACTICE COMPLIANCE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
£60K -£75K + generous benefits & bonus | Leeds, Manchester or North Midlands
We are exclusively recruiting for our client, a growing medium sized accountancy practice looking for a Head of Compliance to develop their new department. Duties will include;
- Ensuring all policies, terms, procedures and standards are compliant in adherence to regulators, regularly monitoring, updating and improving.
- Overseeing group-wide mandatory training including AML, GDPR, cyber security, diversity & inclusion.
- Assisting Audit Director with preparation for ICAEW review visits.
- Managing all insurance policies.
- Taking ownership of the disaster recovery plan, admin breaches and complaints.
- Preparing and communicating compliance and risk updates through oral and written reporting, internally and externally.
- Staying up to date with accountancy and audit compliance within the UK landscape, initiating and driving change implementation across the Group.
- Maintaining an oversight and control of outsourced functions to ensure compliance within UK regulations.
- Leading on compliance due diligence throughout the acquisition and merger process.
You should have solid Compliance experience from either a similar ICAEW regulated practise or else from a Law Firm and be willing to pick up the different requirements expected by the ICAEW (with full support from qualified accountants). Either way you should have a broad knowledge of AML regulations as well as GDPR and be passionate about the role of Compliance with excellent communication skills.
Exciting opportunity to utilise your own experience to build your own department then in the medium term recruit your own team members. NB The role is Hybrid as early pioneers of this and believers in work/life balance i.e. 3d pw in one of their offices in Leeds, Manchester or North Midlands (with occasional visits to the others too) and 6 weeks holiday (excluding Bank Holidays)
So, if that sounds like you, then please send your details to our MD, David Symes FCA, at email@example.com (Including a contact number & email) however please note we cannot reply to all applications, so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstances are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.