Exclusive: Head of Compliance & MLRO – Banking Compliance Experience (including Trade Finance) Required
£85K - £100K + Bonus & Benefits | City
Our Client, a leading international bank, is looking to recruit a Head of Compliance & MLRO for its London Branch to be responsible for the maintenance of the bank’s integrity and its reputation in the UK regulatory environment. Managing a small team, responsibilities will include:
• Ensure the Bank’s internal procedures/policies stay compliant with regulations and any changes- provide guidance/advice to Branch Management as necessary
• Developing the compliance monitoring methodology across the Branch effectively and ensure issues are escalated, as necessary.
• Participate as a member of the London Management Committee and other committees as required.
• Represent the Bank at appropriate banking associations, forums and international banking seminars.
• Responsible for co-ordination with HO departments, including the Fraud Prevention & Investigation department, in respect of managing overall financial crime approach and its UK regulatory responsibilities.
• Maintain pro-active relationships with the business/relationship managers, facilitating timely involvement to ensure compliant solutions are proposed to business/customer issues and intervening where necessary to stop a transaction/process/business proposal.
The ideal candidate should have at least five years of Banking Compliance (i.e. Conduct of Business Rules) experience, including exposure to Trade Finance, as well as up to date AML knowledge. You should also previously have held the Senior Management functions (SMF 16 & 17) with the FCA or have no reason not to hold one.
For further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to call Darren Ruskin on 020 7330 6961 or send your details to him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge