EXCLUSIVE: PART TIME WFH HEAD OF COMPLIANCE & MLRO – PAYMENT SERVICES EXPERIENCE REQUIRED - HOME BASED
£90K-£110K pro-rata plus bonus & benefits | United Kingdom
Our Client, a start-up payments services provider, is looking to appoint a part time Head of Compliance and MLRO who will be tasked with ensuring that all business areas have a strong and effective compliance culture. Reporting directly to the CEO, duties will include:
- Advising the business on all their Compliance & AML responsibilities and ensure that senior management are aware of their regulatory obligations.
- Ensuring internal, external and regulatory relationships are managed effectively
- Ongoing review and development of Compliance Policies and Documentation.
- Programme management of all compliance related projects, including new product due diligence
- Carry out compliance monitoring, documentation, and implementation of changes to policies and procedures as well as coordinating related communication and remediation.
- Prepare and present relevant material to the CEO, COO and Management Committee
- Ensure appropriate communication and training of compliance obligations, procedures and controls
- Acting as MLRO and dealing with necessary SARs and other associated reporting
- Remain abreast of relevant regulatory and legislative changes as applicable to the business
The successful candidate must have gained extensive senior Compliance experience not only with a good knowledge of all relevant regulations as they apply to the Payments Sector, but also a detailed knowledge of PSD2 and all related AML Regulations with the ability to foster executive level relationships and influence & direct their colleagues at all levels.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting start-up that is backed by a much larger and successful overseas parent company. The role will be fully remote (UK Home Office based) and whilst initially it will be part time either for 2 or 3 days per week however organised (eg could be spread over 5 days to suit school drop off/pick up or else set full days around other commitments). NB it is envisaged that within 2 years the role may move to a full-time position as the business grows, thus may suit parents looking to return gradually to work on a part time basis after maternity or paternity leave, or perhaps standalone compliance consultants that can initially take this role on for 2 or 3 days per week and grow the commitment over time.
If this sounds like your next career move and would like to know more, please call Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 for a confidential discussion about this position or send your details to however please note due to Covid we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstance are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
Symes Collins are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.