FINANCIAL CRIME AVP - FC CONTROL & RISK ASSESSMENT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
£ Market Rate + Bonus & Benefits | City of London
Our client, a leading International Banking Group, is looking to recruit a new Assistant Vice President to its team. Duties will include:
- Leading in completing risk assessments by undertaking work in relation to inherent risks, controls risk and residual risks.
- Undertaking a review of processes against policy and procedures and documenting controls.
- Produce and draft final reports in relation to the risk assessments for Compliance Committee and senior management.
- Providing risk assessment report for senior stakeholder sign off, agreeing findings and the remediation of any issues in conjunction with the Business Units.
- Ensuring business units are aware of their FC risk and exposure and supporting the implementation of mitigating action plans.
- Represent the Financial Crime and Compliance Department at meetings, including project and product launches, providing support and guidance, paying particular attention to risk assessment issues and present possible solutions.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of risk assessment timelines.
- Ensure matters that require escalation are notified to the Financial Crime Team Lead/DMLRO in a timely and effective manner to enable support to be provided and where necessary onward notification to Head of Department and MLRO/Senior Management.
You should either be degree educated and/or have an ICA /CAMS Certificate in AML/Financial Crime, with FC experience covering Banking Products & Services gained in a similar in-house role or a consultancy.
This must not only include good technical knowledge of the FCA Handbook, JMLSG Guidance and MLRs (and Sanctions regimes) but must include experience of carrying our Fin Crime risk assessments including reviewing controls and suggesting improvements. NB Role is based in the City but there is scope for flexible working after the first few months induction.
So, if that sounds like you, then please send your details to our MD, David Symes FCA, at (including a contact no) however please note due to COVID-19 we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstance are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.