Head of Compliance (Not for profit) – GDPR Experience Required
£60,000 - £65,000 + benefits inc Generous Holiday | WFH
Managing one assistant, duties include;
- Implement an effective company-wide compliance framework including regulatory reporting, finance, procurement, HR, IT and data governance
- Manage internal governance groups including the Information Security Steering Group
- Escalate potential non-compliant areas of the business and advise on required action
- Engage and oversee relationship with legal counsel on non-HR matters
- Prepare compliance reports for internal and external stakeholders including the Board and Audit Committee
- Work co-operatively with external auditors when needed
- Conduct business risk assessment and monitoring to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop risk mitigation and implement corrective action plans
- Lead accreditation process for Cyber Essentials and ISO 270001
- Advise on further appropriate certifications and ensure alignment of internal policies and processes with industry best practice methodologies and frameworks
- Draft, implement and maintain company policies and processes to address legal requirements and regulation
- Oversee the Company’s processes in relation to data breaches, subject access requests, and FOI requests
- Manage day-to-day data protection compliance, advising on data protection matters and provide metrics
- Provide scrutiny and sign off key procurements
You should have a strong knowledge of privacy and data protection laws including the GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018 and ISO27001. You should also be aware of AML, Anti-corruption and bribery, conflicts of interest, gifts & hospitality and whistleblowing requirements.
NB the role can based from home with a couple of visits a month to the offices in the City of London.
So, if that sounds like you, then please send your details to our MD, David Symes FCA, at firstname.lastname@example.org (Including a contact number & email) however please note due to COVID issues we cannot reply to all applications, so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstances are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.