IN HOUSE COMMERCIAL & COMPLIANCE LAWYER - MINIMUM 2 YEARS PQE (IN HOUSE OR COMMERCIAL LAW PRACTISE) REQUIRED
£90K - £105K (Inc likely bonuses) + Benefits | Canary Wharf, London
Our client, a niche division of a global Financial Service Group, is seeking an in House Commercial & Compliance Lawyer to join its Legal team. Duties include;
- Providing support in advising the business on emerging legal and regulatory risks.
- Managing outside counsel as appropriate and partner with specialist Compliance and Risk Teams as necessary.
- Providing support on M&A transactions (including due diligence and reviewing transaction documents).
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on commercial contracts, including exchange licenses, technology agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements, customer contracts, vendor contracts, software licenses, consultancy agreements and marketing agreements.
- Working directly with internal and external clients in the contract negotiation process. including ensuring that sales and the business comply with laws, company processes and guidelines.
- Advising on important legal issues facing the business, including antitrust, employment, privacy (including GDPR), intellectual property and trade secrets law.
You must be fully qualified as a lawyer in England and Wales with at least 2 years PQE either in a similar in-house role or at a major law firm practicing commercial law, used to dealing with multinational or complex clients. No previous financial services exposure required but great opportunity to develop expertise in this ever-changing sector encompassing compliance & regulatory knowledge as well as legal. NB Role based at home until COVID-19 regulations relaxed but then full time in the very pleasant offices in the heart of Canary Wharf, close to both main stations.
So, if that sounds like you, then please send your details to our MD, David Symes FCA, at firstname.lastname@example.org (including a contact no) however please note due to Covid we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstance are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
We are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.