LAW FIRM COMPLIANCE MANAGER - QUALIFIED LAWYER WITH AML EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
£75K -£80K + Benefits | Hybrid (City/WFH)
Our client, a well-known Law Firm, seeks a new Manager to work on AML issues but also provide advice on a range of other risk management issues which affect the business. Working closely with the MLRO and MLCO, duties will include;
- Assisting the MLRO with drafting and submitting suspicious activity reports (SARs)
- Providing legal advice to partners and fee earners about the scope of applicable anti-money laundering and counterterrorist financing legislation (including local laws which apply in our foreign offices).
- Advising transactional lawyers on source of wealth and funds due diligence.
- Providing legal advice to partners and fee earners about the nature and scope of financial sanction legislation applicable in the EU and the UK.
- Reviewing potential sanctions matches and escalated as appropriate.
- Staying up to date with changes in the law and assisting with reviewing and updating our policies and procedures.
- Assisting the MLCO with productions orders / notices received from law enforcement.
- Ongoing monitoring – ensuring that our CDD records are kept up to date by supervising periodic reviews.
- When required, assisting the team with complex client due diligence queries.
- Assisting with billable work for external clients on Compliance topics such as AML and sanctions which is likely to include advice on proceeds of crime issues, filing SARs, conducting client due diligence and policy work.
You should be a qualified solicitor, REL or RFL with previous in house law firm experience and a strong technical knowledge of anti-money laundering.
So, if that sounds like you, then please send your details to our MD, David Symes FCA, at (including a contact no) however please note due to COVID-19 we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstances are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.