Risk and Compliance Manager – Law Firm Compliance (including SRA knowledge) Experience Required
£50K - £55K + Benefits + Bonus | Nationwide/Home Based with travel
Our client, a national law firm, is looking for a Risk and Compliance Manager to work alongside the Head of Risk and Compliance. Duties include:
· Serving as a confidential point of contact for all staff to seek clarification on issues of compliance
· Assisting the Head of Risk and Compliance in specific investigations as appropriate
· Prepare regular reports of all trends and issues
· Coordinating the file review process and key dates process
· Assisting in the review of the compliance policies and procedures
· Assisting in the management of the firm’s quality accreditations (Lexcel, ISO27001 and CQS)
· Assisting in developing and supporting an effective compliance communication program including promoting the use of the Risk & Compliance Microsite and raising awareness of emerging compliance issues and related policies and procedures
· Undertaking audits particularly to support firms ISO27001 accreditation
· Monitoring and considering the impact of regulatory and legislative changes to identify gaps in the Compliance framework
- Providing input into business and strategic decisions from a compliance perspective, including providing support for tender applications
- Being proactive in providing risk and compliance support to internal projects, such as the development of new IT systems, to ensure that our regulatory responsibilities are met
- Undertaking any other ad hoc duties as required, commensurate with the level of the post
You will have previous experience of managing risk and compliance processes within a UK law firm including a detailed knowledge of the SRA, the regulatory framework and associated rules & legislation. You should also have a first degree in Law or legal qualifications.
NB the firm has offices in the North West, Midlands, London & South West and the role can be based at any of these or else be home based with travel to the offices when required.
For further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to call David Symes FCA on 020 7330 6966 or send your details to him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge