RISK MANAGER – FINANCIAL SERVICES RISK MANAGEMENT (INC IT IMPLEMENTATION) EXP REQUIRED
£55K - £65K + Bonus & Benefits | Kent
Our client, a niche financial services group, as recruiting an IT and Business Transformation Risk Manager to play a pivotal 2LOD role in ensuring the Bank’s exposure to IT and business risks are managed through the transformation of its core banking system, due for completion end of 2022. Reporting to the Bank’s Chief Risk Officer, the IT and Business Transformation Risk Manager will be part of the Second Line of Defence, working closely with the CRO, CIO and IT. As a key member of the Bank’s senior management team, the IT and Business Transformation Risk Manager will actively support the Bank’s CRO, other members of the Executive team and the Executive Risk Committee by undertaking risk-based analysis and making recommendations to ensure the Bank operates within its stated risk appetite. Duties will include;
- Risk Management - responsible for leading the ongoing embedding of the Bank’s risk management framework and Operational Risk Management Framework to ensure IT risk (including IT information security) is managed by the First Line of Defence in accordance with risk apetite.
- RCSA – Working with the risk manager, oversee the RCSA process incorporating IT risks.
- Vendor management – providing oversight and challenge with the management of vendor risks.
- Management Information - responsible for leading the analysis and delivery of IT risk MI reports for the Bank’s executive committees. This will enable the Bank to assess its holistic risk profile and make informed strategic decisions to manage the business within its stated risk appetite.
- Governance – undertake ongoing review and provide feedback regarding the governance arrangements within the Bank and between the Bank and the parent. Giving assurance there is a clear organisational structure with well defined, transparent and consistent lines of responsibility, effective processes to identify, manage, monitor and report the IT risks the Bank is or might be exposed to.
- Risk Culture - responsible for measuring and evidencing an embedded risk culture within IT.
- Horizon scanning – to work closely with the Compliance Manager with identifying changes and updates that are relevant for the Bank with particular focus on IT and operational resilience. Assess and present these to the business, IT and senior management team with advice on regulatory impact and change required where necessary.
- Ensure the Bank’s incident management framework and IT incident management Framework are aligned, with clear escalation into the Bank and Executive team.
- Leading the embedding and ongoing development of the Bank’s operational resilience methodology.
- Responsible for building a solid understanding of the Bank’s business model and regulatory obligations to enable clear articulation of the Bank’s priorities and regulatory obligations.
You should have Financial Services Risk Management including Operational Risk Experience with a good understanding of risk issues around IT systems especially duing implementations.
So, if that sounds like you, then please send your cv (including specific examples of when dealt with risk around IT implentations if not obvious) to our MD, David Symes FCA, at firstname.lastname@example.org (including a contact ) however please note due to Covid we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstance are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).
We are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.