START UP HEAD OF COMPLIANCE & MLRO – PAYMENTS COMPLIANCE EXPERIENCE AND PSD2 KNOWLEDGE REQ’D
£60K-£80K + Benefits | Home Based
Our client, a payments services firm (PISP) is both expanding its scope and applying for its own PSR Authorisation, hence recruiting its first ever Head of Compliance to be responsible for all compliance obligations and planning, including regulatory body liaison and the design, implementation and monitoring of appropriate processes including regular reporting to the COO. In this responsible and varied role, duties include;
- Responsible for the continuing compliance of the company with applicable financial laws and regulations (PSR 2017, AML, PSD 2 etc.)
- Responsible for compliance with banking payment regulations
- Creation, implementation and continuing compliance with internal governance policies including ethics and integrity policies
- Implementing risk and compliance policies to improve overall risk management
- Deal with banks and other external parties (regulators, external counsel etc.) for compliance and other matters related to the licenses and business
- Act as a senior and legal representative for the business and provide information for the shareholders and the Board of Directors on pertinent matters
- Responsible for controlled pursuit of business and ethical business operations, including any outsourced activities
- Provide regulatory advice and strategically evaluate certain deals / transactions
- Reduce liability and exposure / Implement procedures that improve risk and compliance management
You should have good Payment Services AML & Compliance experience, an awareness of PISP licenses and relevant authorities and a good knowledge of PSD2. You should also have experience of transaction monitoring and the procedure for reporting to relevant authorities whilst any knowledge of International regulation is advantageous as the firm is looking to expand to European markets. However you must also be capable of rolling your sleeves up as this role is stand alone to begin with, although in the medium term you would be expected to recruit and manage a team.
Great opportunity to build your own department (and later team) from scratch including all required departmental procedures and reporting.
For further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to call our MD, David Symes FCA on 020 7330 6966 or send your details to him at firstname.lastname@example.org