UK Legal Counsel – Qualified Lawyer with Financial Services Exposure Required
£60K - £70K + bonus & benefits | Hendon (NW London)
Our Client, a growing international financial services organisation, is looking to appoint a Legal Counsel to oversee all UK Legal matters for their expanding business. Reporting to the Global Head of Legal & Compliance, you will be responsible for a broad range of legal issues including Corporate, FCA regulations, Payment Services and E-money regulations, Data Protection, commercial contracts, advising on advertising regulations, digital projects and e-commerce. Duties will include:
• Drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts/T&Cs with suppliers and dealing with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Tracking and monitoring commercial contract-related activity and maintaining associated documentation.
• Overseeing all other legal aspects; e.g. HR matters
• Responsible for GDPR and data protection policies & procedures.
• Acting as a leader of the firm's management of legal risk and enhancing the management of legal risk throughout the firm.
• Assisting the firm's senior management with ongoing and future development and growth projects
You should be a qualified lawyer with at least 2 years PQE and exposure to financial services gained from a law firm, an in-house compliance or legal department, or the FCA.
A key part of the role will be to advise key stakeholders on all legal risk in the UK, therefore it is imperative that your legal expertise is underpinned by strong communications skills and the ability to influence and work collaboratively at all levels.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take your legal career to the next level and join a growing and ambitious global business in a very visible role where you will have access and influence at all levels including the board. If you feel that you have the knowledge, experience and drive to take on this broad and rewarding role, then please contact Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 for a confidential discussion about this position or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.